What Is Maca?
The maca plant, known scientifically as Lepidium meyenii, is sometimes referred to as Peruvian ginseng.
1. It May Increase Fertility in Men
- When it comes to male fertility, sperm quality and quantity is very important.
2. It May Boost Sports Performance and Energy
- Maca root powder is a popular supplement among bodybuilders and athletes.
- It has been claimed to help you gain muscle, increase strength, boost energy and improve exercise performance. .
3.Reducing blood pressure
- It is possible that maca root can also help to improve blood pressure. The same 2015 study also found that 3.3g of maca per day for 12 weeks lowered blood pressure in Chinese postmenopausal women. .
4.Reducing menopause symptoms
- Some proponents of maca root believe it may help balance levels of the hormone estrogen. During perimenopause, the stage before a woman reaches menopause, estrogen levels fluctuate and cause a variety of symptoms.